The LNMIIT Outreach Program
LNMIIT believes and works on the motto of giving back to the society it is a part of. The LNMIIT Outreach Program
is a multi-pronged extension of this motive and broadly covers the following endeavors:
- provide services to the under-privileged
- organize awareness programs
- spread knowledge amongst the future technocrats of India
- sensitize LNMIIT students towards their social responsibility
LNMIIT regularly reaches out to the villages surrounding the campus for multiple activities related to their
education or health. It tries to impart computer education to children in surrounding schools. It organizes medical health camps in association with top hospitals of Jaipur.
Awareness programs, dealing with myriad issues, are taken up regularly at LNMIIT. Through these programs, information
is imparted on health, safety, social issues etc.
Sankalp is a club run by the students of LNMIIT for the complete all round (physical, mental and spiritual) development of
the students. It comes under the umbrella of Student's Gymkhana. The present education system provides technical knowledge
and enables a person to earn his living and gain recognition in the society. But it is equally important for an
individual to understand life in its totality, to inculcate social and moral values and fulfil his responsibility towards the
society he or she is a part of. These are the qualities which lead to the holistic development of one's personality. The Sankalp club was founded with this noble idea and fulfils its purpose in the following ways:
In a nutshell, the scope of activities of Sankalp is not bounded within any frame. It does anything and
everything by virtue of which it can add some value either to our humane side or to the society around.
- One of the main activities of Sankalp is to hold weekly meetings, which start with a small meditation
session followed by readings and discussion on topics related to different aspects of self development. Mostly, books
(or videos) by eminent personalities are read and discussed.
- The other activities focus on social issues in and around the campus such as:
- teaching the mess workers as well as children of migrant workers living in the campus
- organizing cleanliness campaign in the campus
- screening good movies in the campus
- collecting old clothes from campus residents and distributing them to the downtrodden
- giving computer education to the villagers
- visiting orphanages, NGOs and other trusts for charitable work
- organizing festivals like Saraswati Puja, Janmastami, Christmas etc.
- organizing lectures by saintly persons
The program covers senior school students who are on the threshold of their higher education. Presently, the program
extends to schools in the Jaipur city. The program encourages the young aspirants to:
LNMIIT faculty and students visit the schools on a regular basis and organize presentations and discussions on topics of
academic, intellectual and societal relevance. The institute plans to expand the programme by inviting school students
to various knowledge sharing seminars/exhibitions/workshops that are held in LNMIIT campus and create awareness amongst the young technocrats of today.
- think beyond the box
- explore new ideas
- be aware of current trends
- relate with prevailing issues in society
- be a part of the solution to existing problems